1) быстро выйти As soon as the train stopped, the crowd spilled out into the station. ≈ Как только поезд остановился, толпа людей вышла на перрон.
2) разг. проболтаться At last he felt able to go to the police station and spill out the story of his part in the crime. ≈ В конце концов он нашел в себе силы обратиться в полицейский участок и рассказать о своем соучастии в убийстве.
Большой англо-русский и русско-английский словарь. 2001.
Смотреть что такое "spill out" в других словарях:
spill out — verb be disgorged (Freq. 3) The crowds spilled out into the streets • Syn: ↑spill over, ↑pour out • Hypernyms: ↑pour, ↑swarm, ↑stream, ↑teem, ↑ … Useful english dictionary
spill out — PHR V ERG If you spill out information or if it spills out, you tell someone about it in a hurried way, because you cannot or do not want to keep it secret. [V P] The words spilled out in a rush... [V P n (not pron)] He was tempted to spill out… … English dictionary
spill out — phr verb Spill out is used with these nouns as the subject: ↑word … Collocations dictionary
spill something out — ˌspill sthˈout | ˌspill ˈout derived to tell sb all about a problem etc. very quickly; to come out quickly • Has she been spilling out her troubles to you again? • When he started to speak, the words just spilled out. Main entry: ↑spillderived … Useful english dictionary
spill — spill1 [ spıl ] verb ** 1. ) transitive to accidentally pour a liquid out of its container: spill something on/over something: I spilled coffee all over my desk. a ) intransitive to accidentally flow out of a container: spill from: Oil is still… … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
spill — I UK [spɪl] / US verb Word forms spill : present tense I/you/we/they spill he/she/it spills present participle spilling past tense spilled or spilt UK [spɪlt] / US past participle spilled or spilt ** 1) [transitive] to accidentally pour a liquid… … English dictionary
spill — [[t]spɪ̱l[/t]] spills, spilling, spilled, spilt (American English uses the form spilled as the past tense and past participle. British English uses either spilled or spilt.) 1) V ERG If a liquid spills or if you spill it, it accidentally flows… … English dictionary
spill — I n. accidental pouring 1) an oil spill fall 2) to take a spill (from a horse) 3) a nasty spill II v. 1) (D; tr.) to spill all over, on (I spilled the milk all over her) 2) (d; intr.) ( to pour ) to spill into (the crowd was spilling into the… … Combinatory dictionary
spill — spill1 S3 [spıl] v past tense and past participle spilt [spılt] especially BrE or spilled especially AmE [: Old English; Origin: spillan to kill, destroy, waste ] 1.) [I and T] if you spill a liquid, or if it spills, it accidentally flows over… … Dictionary of contemporary English
spill — 1 past tense and past participle spilt, especially BrE spilled especially AmE verb 1 (I, T) if you spill a liquid or if it spills, it accidentally flows over the edge of a container: spill sth down/on/over: Oh no! I ve spilt coffee all down my… … Longman dictionary of contemporary English
spill over — verb 1. overflow with a certain feeling (Freq. 1) The children bubbled over with joy My boss was bubbling over with anger • Syn: ↑bubble over, ↑overflow • Hypernyms: ↑seethe, ↑ … Useful english dictionary
- Saved from Death to Save Life. Memoirs of Rev. Emilio and Ruth Baliton, Emilio A. Baliton, Through circumstances beyond our control, our family found ourselves in the Philippines in 1985. As a part of that circumstance we were going to have to share a house with another family,… Категория: Биографии, мемуары Подробнее Купить за 1664 руб
- Killing Tea Party Propaganda, Stephen Behrndt, Since I am 81 years old and have been a political history addict all my life, I decided in 2015 to write about the last 100 years. This is a book about history, economics, war and the… Категория: Бизнес образование Подробнее Купить за 1627 руб
- As I Write Dying, Leonard Jones, A light goes out, it's pitch black. You hear a shuffling in the dark. You scramble to find a light switch, you flick it on, nothing. The power is out through the entire house. You hear a… Категория: Фантастика и фэнтези Подробнее Купить за 1527 руб