1) ожидать с нетерпением I'm looking forward to some warmer weather after this bitter winter. ≈ Я надеюсь, что следующая зима будет помягче этой. We look forward with pleasure to receiving your offer. ≈ Мы ожидаем с удовольствием получения Вашей оферты.
2) предвкушать Syn : foretaste, anticipate (to) предвкушать (что-л.) ;
ожидать (чего-л.) с удовольствием - I am looking forward to it so much! я так жду этого!
Большой англо-русский и русско-английский словарь. 2001.
Смотреть что такое "look forward" в других словарях:
look forward to — (something) to be pleased or excited because something is going to happen. I m looking forward to my trip to Berlin and Paris … New idioms dictionary
look forward to — index anticipate (prognosticate), expect (anticipate), forestall, prognosticate Burton s Legal Thesaurus. William C. Burton … Law dictionary
look forward to — [verb] anticipate, await, expect, hope for, long for, look for, wait for * * * AWAIT WITH PLEASURE, eagerly anticipate, lick one s lips over, be unable to wait for, count the days until. → look * * * look forward to To anticipate with pleasure •… … Useful english dictionary
look forward — v. (d; intr.) to look forward to (to look forward to spring; to look forward to a meeting with eager anticipation; I look forward to going) * * * [ lʊk fɔːwəd] (d; intr.) to look forward to (to look forward to spring; to look forward to a meeting … Combinatory dictionary
look forward to — phrasal verb [transitive] Word forms look forward to : present tense I/you/we/they look forward to he/she/it looks forward to present participle looking forward to past tense looked forward to past participle looked forward to look forward to… … English dictionary
look forward — verb expect or hope for (Freq. 7) I look to hear from you soon • Hypernyms: ↑expect, ↑look, ↑await, ↑wait • Verb Frames: Somebody s PP * * * … Useful english dictionary
look forward to — 1) PHRASAL VERB If you look forward to something that is going to happen, you want it to happen because you think you will enjoy it. [V P P ing/n] He was looking forward to working with the new Prime Minister. 2) PHRASAL VERB If you say that… … English dictionary
look forward — verb To anticipate or expect; especially, to expect something to be pleasant. I enjoyed his writing very much, and I look forward to meeting him in person. See Also: look forward to … Wiktionary
look forward to — verb To anticipate, expect, or wait for, especially with a feeling of approval or pleasure. When we call to mind the gracious indulgence of Heaven by which the American people became a nation; when we survey the general prosperity of our country … Wiktionary
look forward to — phr verb Look forward to is used with these nouns as the object: ↑retirement, ↑visit … Collocations dictionary
look forward to — I look forward to Rebecca s call Syn: await with pleasure, eagerly anticipate, lick one s lips over, be unable to wait for, count the days until … Thesaurus of popular words
- The Field Trip Book, Ronald V. Morris, Looking for social studies adventures to help students find connections to democratic citizenship? Look no further! The Field Trip Book: Study Travel Experiences in Social Studies provides… Категория: Методика обучения. Методические пособия для учителей Издатель: Книга по Требованию, Подробнее Купить за 6300 руб
- The Field Trip Book. Study Travel Experiences in Social Studies (PB), Ronald V. Morris, Looking for social studies adventures to help students find connections to democratic citizenship? Look no further! The Field Trip Book: Study Travel Experiences in Social Studies provides… Категория: Популярная психология, саморазвитие Подробнее Купить за 6277 руб
- Looking Back on Tomorrow. A Life Story, Edward F. Cassidy, "Looking Back on Tomorrow" is a Life Story filled with the personal memories and recollections of the author. Within each of the early chapters, the author captures his emotions and strongest… Категория: Биографии, мемуары Подробнее Купить за 2489 руб