1) собираться вместе Why don't the boys club together and join each other's activities? ≈ Почему бы мальчикам не собраться и не позаниматься вместе?
2) устраивать складчину The family clubbed together to buy the car. ≈ Члены семьи сложили деньги чтобы купить машину.
Большой англо-русский и русско-английский словарь. 2001.
Смотреть что такое "club together" в других словарях:
club together — POOL RESOURCES, join forces, team up, band together, get together, pull together, collaborate, ally; informal have a whip round. → club * * * ˌclub to ˈgether [intransitive] [present tense I/you/we/they club together he/she/it … Useful english dictionary
club together — phrasal verb [intransitive] Word forms club together : present tense I/you/we/they club together he/she/it clubs together present participle clubbing together past tense clubbed together past participle clubbed together if people club together,… … English dictionary
club together — PHRASAL VERB If people club together to do something, they all give money towards the cost of it. [BRIT] [V P] For my thirtieth birthday, my friends clubbed together and bought me a watch … English dictionary
club together — combine with others to collect a sum of money. → club … English new terms dictionary
club — Ⅰ. club  ► NOUN 1) an association dedicated to a particular interest or activity. 2) an organization offering members social amenities, meals, and temporary residence. 3) a nightclub with dance music. ► VERB (clubbed, clubbing) … English terms dictionary
club — club1 W1S1 [klʌb] n ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 1¦(for an activity or sport)¦ 2¦(professional sport)¦ 3¦(for dancing/music)¦ 4¦(traditional men s club)¦ 5 book/record/wine etc club 6¦(golf)¦ 7¦(weapon)¦ 8¦(in card games)¦ 9 in the club … Dictionary of contemporary English
club — /klʌb / (say klub) noun 1. a heavy stick, usually thicker at one end than at the other, suitable for a weapon; a cudgel. 2. the butt end of a rifle. 3. a stick or bat used to drive a ball, etc., in various games. 4. a stick with a crooked head… … Australian English dictionary
club — Synonyms and related words: Elizabethan theater, Globe Theatre, Greek theater, affiliate, agate, alliance, ally, amphitheater, arena theater, associate, association, auditorium, ball, band together, baseball bat, baste, bastinado, bat, baths,… … Moby Thesaurus
club — 1 /klVb/ noun (C) 1 FOR AN ACTIVITY/SPORT (also + plural verb BrE) an organization for people who share a particular interest or enjoy similar activities, such as sports or politics: the Ramblers Club | rugby/golf/squash club etc (=a club for… … Longman dictionary of contemporary English
club —  The original meaning of club is ‘thick heavy stick for hitting people’; it was borrowed from Old Norse klubba. The sense ‘association’ developed in the 17th century, apparently originally as a verb. To club together seems to have been based… … The Hutchinson dictionary of word origins
club —  The original meaning of club is ‘thick heavy stick for hitting people’; it was borrowed from Old Norse klubba. The sense ‘association’ developed in the 17th century, apparently originally as a verb. To club together seems to have been based… … Word origins
- The Necklace: A true story of 13 women, 1 diamond necklace and a fabulous idea, Cheryl Jarvis, One day a woman of average means waltzes by a jewellery shop window and spots a £20,000 diamond necklace. She can't get it out of her head. Eventually she gets the idea of sharing it with… Категория: Биографии и Мемуары Издатель: HarperCollins, Подробнее Купить за 112 руб электронная книга (fb2, fb3, epub, mobi, pdf, html, pdb, lit, doc, rtf, txt)
- Together, Hemming Henry, What happens when a room full of people decide to work towards the same dream? Why is it that when we come together in small groups we are so much more than the sum of our parts? From druids… Категория: Hodder&Stoughton Серия: - Издатель: Hodder&Stoughton, Подробнее Купить за 0 руб
- Tommy McLean, Lambert M. Surhone, Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Thomas "Tommy" McLean (born 2 June 1947, Larkhall, Lanarkshire)… Категория: Книги, которые не отнесены ни к одному разделу Серия: - Издатель: Книга по Требованию, Подробнее Купить за 0 руб